Hit Dice: 2d8+2 (11 hp)
Speed: 20 ft. in scale mail (4 squares); base speed 30 ft.
Armor Class: 23 (+1 Dex, +6 natural, +4 scale mail, +2 heavy shield), touch 11, flat-footed 22
Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+3
Attack: Warhammer +3 melee (1d8+1/x3 plus 1 fire) or shortspear +3 ranged (1d6+1 plus 1 fire)
Full Attack: Warhammer +3 melee (1d8+1/x3 plus 1 fire) or shortspear +3 ranged (1d6+1 plus 1 fire)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Heat
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., immunity to fire, spell resistance 13, vulnerability to cold
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 9
Environment: Elemental Plane of Fire
Organization: Solitary, pair, team (3–4), squad (11–20 plus 2 3rd-level sergeants and 1 leader of 3rd–6th level), or clan (30–100 plus 50% noncombatants plus 1 3rd-level sergeant per 20 adults, 5 5th-level lieutenants, and 3 7th-level captains)
Treasure: Standard coins; double goods (nonflammables only); standard items (nonflammables only)
Alignment: Always lawful neutral
Azers are dwarflike beings native to the Elemental Plane of Fire. They wear kilts of brass, bronze, or copper, and speak Ignan and Common.
Azers use broad-headed spears or well-crafted hammers in combat. When unarmed, they attempt to grapple foes.
Although unfriendly and taciturn, azers rarely provoke a fight except to relieve a foe of gems, which they love. If threatened, they fight to the death, but they see the value of taking prisoners themselves.
An azer’s body is intensely hot, so its unarmed attacks deal extra fire damage. Its metallic weapons also conduct this heat.
Azers as CharactersEdit
Azer characters possess the following racial traits.
- +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, –2 Charisma.
- Medium size.
- An azer’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: Azers can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Racial Hit Dice: An azer begins with two levels of outsider, which provide 2d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +2, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +3, Ref +3, and Will +3.
- Racial Skills: An azer’s outsider levels give it skill points equal to 5 x (8 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Appraise, Climb, Craft, Hide, Jump, Listen, Search, and Spot.
- Racial Feats: An azer’s outsider levels give it one feat.
- +6 natural armor bonus.
- Special Attacks (see above): Heat.
- Special Qualities (see above): Immunity to fire, spell resistance equal to 13 + class levels, vulnerability to cold.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Ignan. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Aquan, Auran, Celestial, Infernal, Terran.
- Favored Class: Fighter.
- Level adjustment +4.