Elf, (1st-Level Warrior)Edit
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (+1 Dex, +3 studded leather, +1 light shield), touch 11, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+2
Attack: Longsword +2 melee (1d8+1/19-20) or longbow +3 ranged (1d8/x3)
Full Attack: Longsword +2 melee(1d8+1/19-20) or longbow +3 ranged (1d8/x3)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: None
Special Qualities: Elven traits
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +1, Will -1*
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 8
Environment: Temperate forest, (Half-elf: Temperate forests), (Aquatic: Temperate aquatic), (Gray: Temperate mountains), (Wild: Warm forests), (Wood: Temperate forests)
Organization: Squad (2-4), company (11-20 plus 2 3rd-level sergeants and 1 leader of 3rd-6th level), or band (30-100 plus 20% noncombatants plus 1 3rd-level sergeant per 10 adults, 5 5th-level lieutenants, and 3 7th-level captains)
Alignment: Usually chaotic good
Advancement: By character class
Elves average 5 feet tall and typically weigh just over 100 pounds. They live on fruits and grains, though they occasionally hunt for fresh meat. Elves prefer colorful clothes, usually with a green-and-gray cloak that blends well with the colors of the forest.
Elves speak Elven, and most also know Common and Sylvan.
Most elves encountered outside their homes are warriors; the information presented here is for one of 1st level.
Elves are cautious warriors and take time to analyze their opponents and the location of the fight if at all possible, maximizing their advantage by using ambushes, snipers, and camouflage. They prefer to fire from cover and retreat before they are found, repeating this maneuver until all of their enemies are dead.
They prefer longbows, shortbows, rapiers, and longswords. In melee, elves are graceful and deadly, using complex maneuvers that are beautiful to observe. Their wizards often use sleep spells during combat because these won’t affect other elves.
Elves possess the following racial traits.
- +2 Dexterity, –2 Constitution.
- Medium size.
- An elf ’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immunity to sleep spells and effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
(Not reflected in the saving throw modifiers given here.)
- Low-light vision.
- Weapon Proficiency: Elves are automatically proficient with the longsword, rapier, longbow, composite longbow, shortbow, and composite shortbow.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Wizard.
The elf warrior presented here had the following ability scores before racial adjustments: Str 13, Dex 11, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 8.