Also called sea elves, these creatures are waterbreathing cousins to land-dwelling elves.
Aquatic elves fight underwater with tridents, spears, and nets.
These traits are in addition to the high elf traits, except where noted.
- +2 Dexterity, –2 Intelligence. These adjustments replace the high elf ’s ability score adjustments.
- An aquatic elf has the aquatic subtype.
- An aquatic elf has a swim speed of 40 feet.
- Gills: Aquatic elves can survive out of the water for 1 hour per point of Constitution (after that, refer to the suffocation rules).
- Superior Low-Light Vision: Aquatic elves can see four times as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of low illumination. This trait replaces the high elf ’s low-light vision.
- Favored Class: Fighter. This trait replaces the high elf ’s favored class.